Creating a custom message to show on the create issue screen

Paul Silva June 4, 2021

Hi I'm looking to see if there is a way to create a custom message in a Jira screen. It would be used for users in a given project to see a description of the priorities and issue tasks that can be used. 

I can not find anything in the custom fields that would allow me to have a view only description information.

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2021

Hey Paul - you can create a Message type custom field that will probably meet your need. 

Paul Silva June 4, 2021

Is that available in the cloud version. I've looked through it can't see anything that will create a custom message.

I did find Message custom filed (for View) how when applied to the screen it does not show in the create screen.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

Try the Message Custom Field (for edit) one and see if it shows up. Do you have multiple screens in your screen scheme for that project and issue type? For example, Create, Edit, and View? Or is it just Default screen? 

Paul Silva June 7, 2021

HI John. I do have Create, edit and View but they use a custom screen not the default

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2021

So the only thing might be to use the same screen for Create and Edit and add the Message Field for Edit screen to that one. 

Suggest an answer