Creating a Jira Ticket from incoming email

Rob Watson February 18, 2021

I want to give customers an email (feedback@companyname.com) that allows them to report issues they may find using our new website.  Is there a way to have issues created when a user emails feedback@companyname.com for a specific project?

FYI:  We have multiple projects set up in Jira, so I only want issues created in a specific project.

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Have you tried to setup a incoming mail handler? create-issues-and-comments-from-email 

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Hello @Rob Watson 

Welcome to the community.

You might also want to look at the Issue Collector functionality. I'm not sure if that is available in the Free product plan.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-issue-collector/

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

@Rob Watson Welcome to the community.  I would suggest using Jira service manager to meet that need.  What you are explaining Jira service manager would work perfectly for.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events