Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Creating Confluence page and linking to Jira Sprint not working

Edited

I'm following this guide, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/link-a-confluence-page-to-a-sprint/ to create a Confluence page and have it linked to my Jira Sprint. But the page never links to the Sprint. When I click on "View linked pages" it says there are no linked pages yet.

Here's some of the troubleshooting I've done:

• On the Jira Project I enabled the Pages feature and connected it to the Confluence Space that I want to store my page in.
  • In Space Settings > Integrations > Application Links, I have added a Jira application link for the specific Jira project my Sprint is located in.
  • In Jira and Confluence settings I have confirmed application links between the two are created.
    • These application links have been working for years. We're able to link Jira issues to Confluence pages, use the various Jira related macros in Confluence, etc. 
  • From the Jira Sprint, when you click "View linked pages" there are 2 options for creating a page. There's a "create a new page" link after the "No linked pages yet." message, and there's a "Create page" button beside the "Link page" button. 
    • I have tried creating pages using both options, both did not work.
  • I have tried creating pages within a different Confluence Space, and within my personal Space. None of the pages were linked to the Sprint.
  • I have tried using different page templates, "Sprint planning meeting", "Meeting notes", "Retrospective", all have failed.
  • I have tried this on a future and active Sprint, still doesn't work.
  • I have full admin permissions for Jira and Confluence, the Space permissions don't negate my permissions, and there are no page restrictions set. 

The only thing that has worked is creating the page first and then linking it to the Sprint manually. That is not ideal though, as we want to be able to create/link the sprint planning meeting right from Jira.

Quick edit: I'm experiencing the same issue when completing a sprint and trying to create/link a Retrospective page to the Sprint Report. I complete the sprint, I'm taken to the Sprint Report, a pop-up prompts me to create a retrospective, I click create and am taken to Confluence, I select the Retrospective template and publish the page, refresh the Sprint Report page and click the "View linked pages" button and it says there are no linked pages yet.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

Upcoming changes to epic fields in company-managed projects

👋 Hi there Jira Community! A few months ago we shared with you plans around renaming epics in your company-managed projects. As part of these changes, we highlighted upcoming changes to epics on...

14,113 views 34 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you