Created tasks are seen less than resolved ??

Amit Musale June 20, 2014

why I am able to see Created tasks less than resolved on dashboard ??

2 answers

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

Hi Amit,

This is because this chart does not show the absolute total of the issues created vs resolved since the beginning, but only for a given timeframe.
That means, if there were issues already created and not resolved on the first date in the chart (and most likely there will be), then the chart might display more issues resolved than created in case your JIRA users are closing more issues than they are creating.

For the detailed description of this gadget, you may refer to the document below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Created+vs+Resolved+Issues+Report

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

1) Hi Danilo..Thanks, But I waned to make this graph which will show "all created from day 1" vs "all resolved from day upto till date" ..How do i do that ?

2) I am not able to understand how come users can close more issues than they have created ?

I mean ..is there is any way to "change" the "Period"..it is showing last 120 days only..we would like to see this graph for "whole period" of project

Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hi Amit,

It is not possible, by default, to achieve what you want (displaying all issues created vs resolved since the beginning of time).

The only way you can achieve this is by reducing the granularity of the dates displayed (Period) to accomodate the timeframe you want to see in the chart.

When you select the Period Daily, then the limit of days you can select on the 'Days Previously' field is limited to 300. However, if you increase the period granularity (e.g. to Weekly or Monthly), you may select more than 300 days back, hence, making it possible to display a longer timeframe (e.g. since the first ticket's creation date).

Please note, however, that this is not the main purpose of this chart - the chart focuses mainly on smaller intervals so that you can monitor your team's throughput according to the rate which the issues are being created.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2014
Because your users have resolved more issues than they have created?

Suggest an answer