Created an extra board with shared issues. How do I delete it?

Jay Rao January 9, 2018

So here's the structure 

1. Web Application (Project)

- TECH board

- Agency board

TECH board was the main board under a project which was being used by the in-house team and external agency. I created a new board that took the issues from TECH Board and created an Agency board BUT realised that it's unnecessary so I tried to delete it. So I had to stop the sprint in 'Agency Board' which inturn stopped the sprint on TECH board. 

Now how do I delete the second board without deleting the primary TECH board which is being used by everyone. 

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

@Jay Rao, Since you have an active sprint associated w/ the board you cannot delete the board until the sprint is completed. So when that happens then delete it before starting the next sprint. Delete it as explained by @Ignacio Pulgar.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Good point, Jack.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2018

Good point!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

BTW, if you don't want users to see the extra board just change the permissions for now.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2018

Click on Boards > View all boards from the top bar.

Find the board you would like to delete.

Click on the ellipsis [...] button on the right side of the board's row, and then click on Delete:

delete.png

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2018

Boards are independent of each other in JIRA. They only give you a view of the issues. Thus, you can delete the Agency board and that won't impact TECH board. Stopping a sprint in Agency board impacted tech board because sprint data is tied to issues and since issues were shared between the board thus this happened. 

Jay Rao January 9, 2018

But the sprints are linked now. Unable to delete it unless i stop the sprint. Which means if I complete the sprint on Agency board, it completes the sprint on TECH board as well. How do I solve this? 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2018

Just delete the board you don't need anymore, as that action cannot impact the other board.

Suggest an answer