Create sub filters (remove all tasks and sub task but only 15 days tasks and sub task remain)

Swarna Radha August 13, 2017

Hi,

I want to create a sub filter when i release only 15 days tasks and sub tasks remains to be remained on the board.

Please find the subfilter i have created: project = SS AND issuetype in (standardIssueTypes(), subTaskIssueTypes(), "DataExtract/Queries", "Enhancements/NewFeature", Epic, Fixes, Projects, "Support /Bug", Task, Analysis, "Data Correction", Design, Development, "Fact Gathering", "Integration Testing", Meetings, "Post Release review", Release, Sub-task, Support, UAT, "Unit Testing") AND resolved >= -10d 

The issue is that all tasks and sub tasks which are in progress, scehduled are all gone.

Thanks

Swarna

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

The release button releases all the issues in the last column, and hence removes them from the board.  That's the whole purpose of the Kanban release process - the issues should not be shown on the board when they're released.

Of course, you can modify the board filters to work differently, but the release button is still going to do nothing other than stick a version on all the issues in that column.  If you're going to try to do what you describe, you'll need to build a board filter that drops the issues you don't want to see automatically.

You'll need to have another think through your filter, in line with what you want to see on the board.  I'd start by removing the stuff about issue type as it's not doing anything (you've said "issue type in standard or subtask types", which covers "all issue types", so you might as well drop the clause completely). 

Project = SS and (resolution is empty or (resolution is empty and resolved < -15 d)) will drop resolved issues that were resolved over 15 days ago.  But your release button won't affect any visibility on the board.

Swarna Radha August 14, 2017

Hi Nic,

I have managed to do my filter.

Thanks for your assistance.

Swarna

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

@Swarna Radha,

I'm a bit confused by your question. You say 15 days but your filter is 10? You indicated you want unresolved issues yet your filter is for Resolved? You have listed a bunch (all?) of the issue types in a project. 

Here are my suggestions:

1. change Resolved to Unresolved
  2. simplify your issuetype list or get rid of that piece all together

or, depending on your goal...Create a new status in the workflow "Released" that is automatically transitioned to when you click the Release button. Don't map the Released status on the board.

Hi Jack,

Sorry i have mistyped , my question is that when i clicked on the released button, old tasks and sub tasks should be released , only recently closed tasks and sub task  (15days) should be remained on the board together with the issues (in status in progress, backlog) . I am a bit confused on the filter.

Thanks 

Swarna

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2017

The reason all "in progress , schduled issues are gone" because in your filter you have added the criteria

"AND resolved >= -10d "

This basically means, issues which have been resolved in last 10 days. Thus, you are fetching only resolved issues. Hence other issues have dissapeared. 

Ok, is it possible to this filter only 15 days tasks and sub tasks remains to be remained on the board when i click on release button.

Suggest an answer