Create linked Issue error from within Service Desk

Deleted user June 6, 2017

Hi, I'm new to Jira, and I'm running Jira Cloud.

I'm trying to create a linked issue in a Software project from within a Service Desk issue.

The result is the attached error on Summary field.

Where am I wrong?

Thanks!

screenshot.31.jpg

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
CollinM June 6, 2017

Stefano,

I was able to recreate this issue by removing the summary field from the create screen within that project.  Make sure the project your trying to create linked issues in has the summary field on the create screen.  

Project Settings --> Screens

Snip 2017-06-06 13.20.42.png

Deleted user June 6, 2017

Thank you, Collin

Missing summary field in the target project was the problem

0 votes
Greg Mora June 27, 2017

Is this on the same instance as Jira Software? We are unable to see the projects from JSW within JSD. Is that what you accomplished here? If so, how?

0 votes
CollinM June 6, 2017

I would start by checking two things.  

First check that issue linking is on and the appropriate permissions are in place, see screenshots below.  

1.  Click the Cog icon --> Issues --> Issue Linking

2.  Once you've confirmed it's turned on, check that your project role has this permission.  Project Settings --> Permissions 

Snip 2017-06-06 12.52.47.pngSnip 2017-06-06 12.50.44.png

If those things look good we'll go from there.

Collin

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

If Issue Linking is turned off you won't have the More > Link Issue Option.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 12.00.52 PM.png

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

Hi Stefano,

From reviewing the screenshot you posted I don't see Summary as a required field which would be indicated by a red * as you see next to Project and Issue Type.

If you created custom screens I would check your screen, however, if you did not I would put in a Support Request to the Cloud team to investigate further as I was unable to reproduce this in a current Cloud instance.

Cheers,

Branden

CollinM June 6, 2017

Branden,

I didn't think it was currently possible to edit linked issue screens? 

Collin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events