Create issue as Admin - item does not go to bottom of backlog

SimonM August 7, 2013

Hello

If I am in plan mode in Greenhopper and then create a new issue, the new issue doesn't always go to the bottom of the backlog but instead inserts itself somewhere either within the backlog or a forthcoming sprint - I think it might be inserting above/beneath the issue I currently have selected in plan mode.

Is there anyway to make sure that every new issue automatically goes to the bottom of the backlog? New issues are being created and getting lost. This only seems to be a problem when an admin creates an issue - all new issues created by users automatically go to the bottom of the backlog.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2013

Hi Simon,

Currently new issues will appear in a spot relative to where you current focus is; be that in a sprint or the backlog. There is, however, a feature request to have them go to the backlog at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5368, and I suggest you watch that to stay up on any progress as well as vote/comment to help raise the visibility to the project team.

Thanks,

-dave

0 votes
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2014

We have set up our ScrumMaster and Product Owners to be admins on the projects whereas everybody else is one or more other roles.

This way, we were able to assign only the Administrator project role to the Schedule Issues permission.

This means that whenever somebody creates an issues it goes to the bottom of the backog as they don't have the permission to place it anywhere in the backlog. Product Owners and ScrumMasters still need to be careful how they are adding things though.

Suggest an answer