Create default Project Template in jira 7.2

Nagalakshmi July 13, 2017

Hello Everyone,

I was looking for some template help. When we click on create project we get option to choose the project type as kanban,scrum and basic. I would like to implement MYJIRA on the same place where i see these options and would like to customise the same with standards which i would like to use.

Is that possible to create such option when we click on create project, and further customizations for the same.

2 answers

1 vote
Kim Poulsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

I didn't bother with code. I created a project, configured it as it should be, and put it into a "Template Projects" project category. I named it "TMPL project for <<nn purpose>>" for convenience.

When creating new projects I use the "Create project from shared configuration" in the dialog, select the template project and voilá, all done.

It is not as fancy as having an icon, but it took 15 minutes to make it work and be ready to stamp out projects at liberty.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

You need code to do it, but yes.  Project templates are implemented as add-ons, so you can add to the list.

See https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/guides/projects/tutorial-creating-a-project-template

Suggest an answer