Create a NEW work flow for a new project ?

Notify MFP November 15, 2017

If I add an existing work flow to a new project does this mean I can change the work flow and not impact other projects where the work flow was added from?

2 answers

0 votes

So once created can I delete the draft or published version if not used yet by the new project or other projects?

2ndly, I don't want to save a draft for use by other projects, do I simply save the work flow (how do I do this and not create a "copy" as you mention?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

if a workflow is not used by any project it is considered "Inactive" and can be deleted. Inactive workflows can be found under the system admin area, issues, workflows at the bottom of the page.

If you edit an Active workflow and publish it will change the workflow for all projects that use it.

Any workflow is available to be used w/in a project. When you create a new workflow it remains in the Inactive list until it is associated to an issue type within any project. At that point it becomes active.

I suggest you read this. Note that is for Cloud version so if you are on Server version you may wish to locate the specific documentation for that.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2017

If the existing workflow is used by other projects any changes will impact all projects that use the workflow.

thanks so how do I create a new work flow given Add Workflow button has drop down list of "Add Existing or "Import from Bundle", should there not be a third option to say "Create New"

Do I click on the Operations "pencil" to start creating a draft? This is not intuitive, should be an option on drop down list.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2017

Yes the pencil is the edit. When you get into the edit screen you will see Publish Draft and Discard Draft options. If you make changes they will not take place until you publish. When you choose to publish you will be presented w/ the option to save a copy of the original.

If you want to preserve the original for existing projects you can make a copy of the workflow, edit the copy and save it for use w/ another project. The Copy function is available under the system admin issues screen where you will find all workflows listed.

Suggest an answer