Create Users on CSV ISsue Import in Jira Cloud, users throw errors

Adam Connah April 4, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to import issues into a new Cloud instance. However I am having problems as the Users are not being created when I import issues, which causes the issues to not be imported.

E,g:

2019-04-04 10:44:21,253 ERROR - Issue can't be created due to the error/s [ User 'joe.blogs' does not exist. ]

In the cloud documentation it says that users in the assignee field that are mapped will be created (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-csv-776636762.html)

I have attached screenshots (with names partially redacted for privacy)user import.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Connah April 9, 2019

Solved:

Jira Cloud has two different import mechanisms. The second can be found settings>system>external system import. It gives you access to more options and fields and the import worked without errors.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Hello,

Did you have a question about create users or not?

Adam Connah April 4, 2019

hey.
In the documentation it says when you import issues it should create the Users.

so the problem involves both "importing issues" and "creating users".

I want to import issues from a different  Jira Cloud instance. But i am getting errors when i try because the users do not exist, however the documentation says they should be created.

Suggest an answer