Create Swimlanes by Fix Versions

Casey_Jones September 3, 2020

Hey brilliant Jira Community! 

I have a few fix versions being worked on in the same sprint. In a perfect world I'd like to load up my active sprint, and have swimlanes delineated by the fix version on the tickets. 

Fix version A 

Stories/tasks 

Fix Version B

Stories/Tasks

Fix Version C

Stories/tasks

I managed to set up Swimlanes by JQL - fix version = xx.xx.xx. But this will require me to always be adding a query for every new fix version. Wondering if theres an easier way to do this.

I'm less concerned with what kinds of issues the board shows, I just want to encapsulate anything within that fix version.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2020

Hi @Casey_Jones 

How about two swim lanes: the next, un-released version and all the others?  You could make a query for that which would not require updates.  As versions are released, the next would shift up on the board.

fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()

As a reminder, the "next" release is always the last one on the version list.

Best regards,

Bill

Casey_Jones September 3, 2020

You know that just might work! Thanks Bill!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
3 votes
Remi Arts May 20, 2021

You can extend the swimlanes even more by adding the following query swimlanes:

No release: fixVersion is EMPTY
Next release: fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()
Unreleased: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() AND fixVersion != earliestUnreleasedVersion()
Last released: fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion()
Released: fixVersion in releasedVersion() AND fixVersion != latestReleasedVersion()

Ajda Gruden January 2, 2023

Hello Remi!

I stumbled upon your answer by coincidence and will try it out, thanks for the suggestion! :) 

One thing - I don't seem to be able to add the last one as I get the error message "Unable to find JQL function 'releasedVersion()'."

Has this ever happened to you too and how did you go about it?

Thank you and happy new year!
Ajda

Remi Arts January 2, 2023

Oh it probably should be 'releasedVersions()'. Missing the S at the end.

Rawan AlOmari November 28, 2023

hello @Remi Arts please what do you mean by the Unreleased?? is it the upcoming releases that are follow the current release?

Remi Arts November 28, 2023

@Rawan AlOmari That's every unreleased version which is not the earliest version. What that means depends on how you work with the versions.

Like Rawan AlOmari likes this
Rawan AlOmari November 29, 2023

Thanks, a lot! @Remi Arts 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events