Create New Issues in JIRA from MS Teams

Kellie Noumi June 24, 2022

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if someone could share a potential solution to a JIRA integration question with MS Teams.

We are trying to set up MS Teams so that JIRA issues can be automatically created.  Ideally, we would like a JIRA issue to be automatically created when the Important Flag is set to Urgent, but would be open to doing this in any way that we can.  Is there a way to do this with the standard integration between JIRA and MS Teams?  If so, how?  If not, does anyone have any good solutions for this?

We are using JIRA Cloud.

Thanks so much everyone for your help and please reach out with further detail you may need on our end.

Cheers,
Kellie

2 answers

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Kellie Noumi , 

I believe you can do this with the Power Automate feature from Microsoft. You'll need to check if it's avaible for you, then you can do a flow with a trigger "When a new message is posted" for a specific channel, and add conditions (like a flag value for example).

Then you could add an action "HTTP request" where you would send an API call to Jira to create an issue, using the Teams message content.

I could create something like this very quickly : 

Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 15.03.39.png

Let me know if this helps,

--Alexis

Thanks so much Alexis.  This is awesome stuff.   Will see if I can get access to this in Teams to see if I can set this up.  Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Kellie

Hi Alexis,

Looks like this solution is for creating a JIRA issue from a channel, not a Teams chat.  Do you know if this solution, or any other, that will work from a Teams chat?

Look forward to your thoughts and please reach out with any questions on my end.  Very much appreciate all of your help.

Cheers,
Kellie

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2022

Hi @Kellie Noumi 

Thanks for writing.

Are you looking to create an issue from a message in a channel?

Thanks,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your response.  It would be from a message, not a channel.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Kellie

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders