Create JIRA Bugs from Outlook Email

Jeya Debnath March 12, 2024

We use JIRA V9.12.1. We would like to setup for a Project an email address for the team to send email to create JIRA tickets automatically.

What is needed to do this? Does it cost any money? Would you please help with some step by step instructions to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2024

It does cost anything extra, as the functionality is built into Jira DC. There's quite a bit of configuration, both in Jira as well as your email side, so I'll just include a link to Atlassian's documentation on this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0912/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-1346047849.html

Thanks Matt. You meant it doesn't cost anything extra right?

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2024

That is correct. For Data Center, you don't need to pay anything extra in order to have Jira issues created directly from email.

If our team needs help is that something you can offer to help with this setup process?

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2024

I don't know that I would be much help. It's been a number of years since I did this, but the documentation link I provided should give you all that you need.

Thanks Matt.

Suggest an answer