Copy comments from linked issue

Nodar Vardiashvili April 20, 2021

Hi,

I need a plugin which copie all comments from the linked issue. Jira's automation works great but the limit is few. at this time upgrade is not solution for me, please advice me plugins. 

thankScreenshot_4.png

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

Hi Nodar,

If you are copying the comments as part of a Clone function, then I would suggest Deep Clone add-on. 

Nodar Vardiashvili April 20, 2021

hi,

the trigger must be a new comment. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2021

So what is not working with the trigger? 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Nodar Vardiashvili,

I'm the product manager of Deep Clone for Jira.

if you consider working with our Marketplace app, you can read more about integrating it with Jira Automation in our documenation.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with our support, if you have questions or feedback.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2021

Hi @Nodar Vardiashvili, Are the linked issues that you are trying to copy the comments to in a separate project to the triggering tasks? If so, the limitation may be the number of multi-project automation rule executions you are allowed as per Jira Cloud's Service Limits.

What 'limits' are you experiencing? Using the branch within the automation rules, you should be able to copy the comment to up to 1000 other linked tasks within the same project - is this not the case?

Suggest an answer