Control Chart does not seem to account for working days. Is there a setting that need to be enabled?

Diego_Garcia_Herrera April 1, 2020

We are trying to use a control chart to  monitor cycle time for all of our stories in our Scrum board however we noticed that for stories that remain "in Progress" for longer than 1 week, the control chart is displaying Saturday and Sunday as work days. Therefore we get two extra days displayed. Is there a way to fix this and ensure that the cycle time calculation is not accounting for weekends. We have selected the correct working days in the configuration window.

Is there another setting thats needs to be specified so that cycle time is not including weekends time?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 2, 2020

Hi @Diego_Garcia_Herrera 

Also, you can try other add-ons were available work schedule config for excluding breaks, non-working hours and days. 

Time in Status for Jira Cloud - lets you get the Cycle and Lead Time by grouping time in statuses

Time Between Statuses lets you monitor Cycle and Lead Time by calculating the status to status time

Regards

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2020

Hello Diego,

While working on the Control Chart, you should be able to select or unselect the "Include non-working days in calculations"checkbox to include or exclude those days in the report. (The checkbox on the right side of screen, under the chart)

Rapor_ControlChart.png

If you want a more detailed and advanced solution, our team at OBSS created the Time in Status app for this exact need. Using Time in Status you can...

• See how much time each issue spent on each status, on each assignee or on each user group.
  • Consolidate statuses into combined metrics like Cycle Time or Lead Time.
  • Define your own business calendars with custom working days and working hours. (This is especially important for you)
  • Get averages of those durations, grouped by issue fields you select.
  • Export all data as XLS, XLSX or CSV

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211756

Emre TOPTANCI

Diego_Garcia_Herrera April 1, 2020

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. I am using that feature that you mentioned in your response but it does not make a difference. I found a related issue in this forum. Looks like this is a known issue (verified bug) and there are multiple people waiting for the fix. see below

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16449

D you have any idea as to when this will be addressed?

Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
April 1, 2020

Hello,

I didn't know about that bug and sorry to see that. The existance of that checkbox and the bug seems to mark both the point of solution and the end of the way.

The checkbox was put there by Atlassian as part of the control chart so (currently working or not) that seems to be the only way to achieve what you need on the control chart.

On the other hand Atlassian has a history of keeping some bugs for a long time, probably for reasons not visible on the surface, so that makes me feel pessimistic about it. The bug you sent is already more than 2 years old. I wouldn't hold my breath.

All you, me and everyone reading this page is to vote and watch that bug so it might climb up in Atlassian's backlog.

Emre TOPTANCI

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
April 5, 2020

Hi @Diego_Garcia_Herrera ,

You can use Status Time add-on. It generates status time report based on your working calendar.
StatusDurations-M.jpg

If you are looking for a free add-on, you can try the free version, Status Time Free.
IssueScreenView-3.gif

Suggest an answer