Contribute code to the official scripts for Atlassian cloud backups.

Sebastian Claesson January 31, 2020

Hey!

Repo: https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/automatic-cloud-backup/src/master/

There is an official repo for automating backups towards the backup API using either Python or PowerShell.

I'd like to contribute some fixes and such to the repo but it seems that forking is disabled and I cannot spawn a pull request.

Is there any public channel where I can reach the developers and share the code?
Or perhaps get access by the devs to fork their repository?

3 answers

0 votes
Steffen Müller February 3, 2021

Hello @Dario B ,

I just wrote a CLI tool based on Node.js to manage Atlassian cloud backups. Maybe you want to have a look at it and maybe link to it as an alternative: https://bitbucket.org/addcraftio/atlascloud-backup

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2021

Hi @Steffen Müller ,

Thanks a lot for your contribution.

I have linked your solution and the one from @Sebastian Claesson  as alternative solutions to the project:

Alternative Solutions

In case the scripts in here don't fit your need, there are a number of alternative solution you can explore:

Another option is to use Automation for Jira, as explained in the Atlassian Community Article: Automate online site-backups for Jira and Confluence without programming

Please notice none of above solutions is officially supported.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Dario

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hi @Sebastian Claesson ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The repository is indeed restricted, but usually customers can interact with us (me and my other colleagues maintaining the scripts) by creating an issue in the project:

Once this has been said, can you kindly let us know what you would like to fix  so that maybe we can help you out or do it for you?

Cheers,
Dario

Sebastian Claesson February 2, 2020

Hi @Dario B

That works too, but it would be easier if I was able to do a pull request and mark code with comments.

I did a rewrite of the script and conslidated the option to backup confluence and jira in the same powershell script.

I did two concepts..
1) Contains the PowerShell script for the configuration and that dot sources the function

2) Contains the configuration and the function in the same PowerShell script.

I'll post it in my own public repo. 
repo: https://bitbucket.org/sebastiancla/atlassian-cloud-backup/src/master/
Would love your feedback on it - And if you need an incentive I can absolutely post issues and with a reference to this repo and lines with the fixes! :)

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
February 4, 2020

Thanks @Sebastian Claesson !

My colleague @Stephen Sifers is the one that wrote the powershell scripts.  I will ask him to review and, in case, incorporate your script. 

Cheers,
Dario

Like Sebastian Claesson likes this
Sebastian Claesson February 4, 2020

Thanks for the attention @Dario B !

@Stephen Sifers , If you have any questions just let me know! 

Thanks,
Sebastian

Like Dario B likes this
Joseph Dejuliis December 1, 2020

Hi @Dario B 

First off thanks heaps providing the PS - i have tried a previous script for Confluence cloud and it ends into a endless loop.

The script you have provided i can't seem to get it to work. The following error occurs:

Exception calling "Add" with "2" argument(s): "The 'Content-Type' header must be modified using the appropriate property or method.
Parameter name: name"
At C:\Installs\Atlassian\Jira Cloud Backup\scripts\backup-atlassian-cloud-with-function.ps1:92 char:9
+ $Request.Headers.Add($_, $Headers[$_])
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentException

XSRF check failed
At C:\Installs\Atlassian\Jira Cloud Backup\scripts\backup-atlassian-cloud-with-function.ps1:109 char:9
+ Throw $ErrorStream
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : OperationStopped: (XSRF check failed:String) [], RuntimeException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : XSRF check failed

Thanks

Joe

Sebastian Claesson December 3, 2020

Hi ,

I got a notification by E-mail about having a reply, however I cannot see it here :)

Seems I lost access to my old repository created for this issue, new code is available at:
https://bitbucket.org/sebastianclaesson/atlassian-cloud-backup/src/master/

Please note that these are just snippets out of my full solution but hopefully it should be enough to work :) 

Like Dario B likes this
Joseph Dejuliis December 3, 2020

Hi @Sebastian Claesson 

Thanks heaps for replying. We currently don't have any integration with Azure would it be possible to get a PS script that has the destination of backup to be stored locally on the server?

Thanks

Joe

Like Daniel Gregory likes this
0 votes
Sebastian Claesson January 31, 2020

@Dario B - Maybe you can help me out? :)

Dario B
Atlassian Team
January 31, 2020

EDIT: moved my reply to a separate answer :)

Like Sebastian Claesson likes this

Suggest an answer