Confluence Pages are not listed under "mentioned in" on Jira Issues

Miranda Koetsch
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

How do I make the confluence pages I've created using a web request automatically appear as a linked page, or "mentioned in" on my Jira issues? 

Context:

I've set up a rule automation in Jira using the "Send web request" action, to create pages in a confluence space triggered from an issue in Jira,

The request that creates my page. I'm using the variables under "value" to apply a template that was defined in previous stages of the automation. (I couldn't use the pre-built create a confluence page action because it doesn't support setting the parent page with smart values) 

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 12.06.59 PM.png

The page that is created in Confluence is titled using smart values and follows a format of "{{issue.key}}: {{issue.summary}}", and I've used some custom formatting to insert the link of the triggering Jira issue into the body of the confluence page. 

The page in confluence created by my automation

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 12.05.36 PM.png 

The problem:

However, with all of these connections and references, once the rule has run and I refresh the issue in Jira, the confluence page does not appear under a "mentioned in" section. I want the pages that I've created during this rule to be automatically linked either directly, or at least use the "mentioned in" feature so I don't need to manually link it each time. Is this a bug? How do I set this up so my pages get linked to the issue?

The issue view after the automation has run, and the page has been refreshed.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 12.06.12 PM.png 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events