Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Conflicting information about Jira Automation limits in standard plan

Hello!

I have a question about Jira Automation. We have the Standard plan and on the Atlassian site it says under automation that it is "single project": https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

Our admins however are able to create global automation rules under Admin > System > Global Automation.

We do not really understand why we have the option to create global rules if we only have the standard Jira plan.

How many rule executions do we have per month? Is there a limit? Online I read a lot about 500 rule executions/month being the limit but I could not find an official statement.

As a manager I am asking these questions because we want to avoid setting up automation rules just to find out that a) global rules do not work after all with the Standard pricing model and b) that there is a limit of rule executions which is not meaningful for our organization.

Thank you!
FK

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @FK 

As part of Atlassian Cloud Standard we will have 500 global and multi project rule execution/month.

Official doc about plans compared here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/explore-jira-cloud-plans/

Picture4.png

Regards,

Vishwas

I somehow missed that, thank you Vishwas. So project rules are "free", global rules are limited to 500 - got it.

Thanks again.

You are right !!

Welcome :)

Regards,

Vishwas

Hi @FK 

Yes, and to the thoughts provided...There are other limits for project-scope rules to consider if you use a lot of automation, or have a misbehaving/broken rule.  Please look here for those specifics:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

Even when you do not regularly use global rules, I recommend you add one to monitor for approaching the service breach limits:

• trigger: service limit breach (you can pick from the threshold options and frequency of checks)
  • action: email the interested people

This global rule will only execute on a breach, and so does not count against your monthly limit.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like FK likes this

I was not aware that this is available as trigger, thank you Bill - we added the rule right away.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

142 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you