Configuring Default Issue Types and Fields for new Projects

Tim Brounéus October 31, 2018

Hi,

For a new Jira Cloud Next-Gen project, is there any way to configure the default issue types that are available and the default fields for each issue type?

I want all new projects to have the same setup from start.

Br,
Tim

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hi Tim,

Next-gen projects are independent projects and work without any shared configuration, for example, fields, issue types, permissions, workflows, screens), so it would not be possible to have a default configuration for next-gen projects.

Regards,
Angélica

Tim Brounéus November 21, 2018

Thanks for the clarification!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2018

You are always welcome Tim!
If you have any other question, please count on us.

Regards,
Angélica

Laurent DuBerger March 15, 2019

Hi @Angélica Luz 
I have the same question, but for classic projects!

We created a custom field and we want it to be added to all new project by default. I don't seem to be able to find how to do that..

Any help would be welcome, thanks!

Laurent

1 vote
Jeff Lovington May 19, 2020

I hate how next gen always creates a 'task' issue type first, even if the last issue I created was a different issue type. I'm talking about when you click the "+ create issue" button in a column. Is this uncontrollable as well I assume? why are they defaulting to the issue type listed LAST in their project settings page??? so sick of this application

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 18, 2019

Hi Laurent,

When we create a project, only the system custom fields will be added, then we must go to the Custom fields' page and manually add each custom field to the screens of the new project.
We don't have a feature request specifically for that, but we have one suggesting the ability to create templates for projects:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7020
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer