Configure swimlanes by fixVersion without manual queries

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

We're looking to swimlane our kanban board by fixVersion. I don't want to have to manually create a swimlane for each version, because we have over a dozen projects and it gets crazy to maintain something like that.

Is there any way to extend the options in the Base Swimlanes On dropdown to include other fields like fixVersion, so that a lane will automatically be created for all fixVersions that have tickets assigned to them? I'm open to plugins if there's one available that would extend that.

swimlanes.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Remi Arts May 20, 2021

Hi @Esther Strom

The best way around this is by adding swimlanes by query like below:

No release: fixVersion is EMPTY
Next release: fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion()
Unreleased: fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() AND fixVersion != earliestUnreleasedVersion()
Last released: fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion()
Released: fixVersion in releasedVersion() AND fixVersion != latestReleasedVersion()

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2021

Good ideas, @Remi Arts   We use similar quick filters for those rather than swimlanes to raise visibility and improve focus.

Thanks,

Bill

Like # people like this
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2019

Hi @Esther Strom and welcome to the community!

There is no built-in answer for your question...yet.  Here is a link to the same question asked by others, and they provide some links to suggestions you can vote for as additions to Jira

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Filter-by-version-in-swimlanes/qaq-p/371167

Best regards,

Bill

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2019

Thanks; I had seen that question already, and am already following the open issues in Atlassian's Jira. I was just hoping that someone had found a way around it.

Thanks for the welcome :) I'm not actually new; I just switched to a new account. I've been around for a few years.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer