Configure display Fields values according to user permissions

gayan ganepola October 2, 2017

I would like to use custom field  to be configure display its values depend on user permissions

Eg : User A is end user and B is customer support agent 

in custom field  111 ,222,333,4444 values available.

A could see only  111 but B could see all.

can I configure according to  above example.

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

I am wondering if it may be possible to do this thru Properties. I have done some similar things. I would certainly suggest giving it a try.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

This is not possible out of the box in JIRA.

What you are trying to do is hide the customfield options from specific user. right ?

Do you want to hide them when the user is selecting the value from the customfield ?or when the user is viewing them ?

If you want to hide them when the user is selecting them then there is a way this can be done.

If you want to hide the options from the view then this is not possible. I cannot think of a way how we can hide it from issue view , issue navigation , agile boards , export , notifications , etc

gayan ganepola October 2, 2017

i would like to hide them and can you guide me for that

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

I am assuming that by hide you mean hide the options of the select list. 

You can use behaviours add-on and write a script which will check the current user groups and based on that show and hide select list options.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Suggest an answer