Configure Swimlanes on the sprint board

Graciele Pereira April 14, 2021

Good morning guys!

I need to create priority streaks on the board. I know how to do it with queries. But how can I sort with priority but also as issues and their nested subtasks?

Example: the story has priority 1 and must appear in the top priority lane and with its subtasks along with it.

Similar to base swinlanes by stories but with priority. Only for all issue types and their respective subtasks.

How to do this query?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Graciele Pereira April 22, 2021

Hi guys!!

I made a query to separate by class of service and an automation so that the daughter issues copy the parents' priority.

The view is not the same but it is the question of the costume.

Thank you for your help!

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hi Graciele,

What type of project are you using? Team-managed (Next-gen) or Company-managed (Classic Software)?

Hi John!! 

I'm using Classic Software, template Scrum. 

Thanks!! 

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

You would need to have all of the sub-tasks have the same priority number as the parent. You can do that through automation for Jira.

Then your top swimlane would have a query of: Priority = 1

The second swimlane would have: Priority = 2 and so on. 

but would they appear all nested as in the story view?

Do you have any documentation for me to know how to do this automation?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

The best thing that I can tell is is to try one issue with some sub-tasks. Just manually update the priority field for those. If that works, then we can look at the automation.  ;-)

Suggest an answer