Configure Fields box preferences keep getting reset

Miles Monty November 24, 2020

Hello, 

I keep hitting the Create button and noticing that all of the fields have vanished, and I have to reselect them (per the image - 2 of the 10ish boxes are ticked). Are these box preferences saved on per-user or globally? If the latter, how can I find out in the admin log who's changing these? If the former, how can I find out how they keep getting reset? I should note that they definitely save my selection, as closing the create screen and reopening it retains my selection. 

I have also noticed that some fields are jumping around from section to section in the new view. How can I find out who's changing this? 

Thanks very much in advance! Untitled.png

1 answer

0 votes
Joanne Giammo October 14, 2021

@Miles Monty, did you ever find a solution for this?
I have a JIRA user reporting the same scenario.

Miles Monty October 25, 2021

Nope I'm afraid not! Very annoying though, so please let me know if you find out what's causing it! 

Like Joanne Giammo likes this
Bill Goodall February 12, 2024

I am seeing this happen with a user when they click the New Epic "+" button in the epics panel on the backlog screen. It is not happening from the big blue universal new issue button at the top menu. 

Do you find the same thing? If so the work around is to use the top blue Create new button instead of the grey one in the new epics panel. 

Not sure of the cause or when this defect was introduced as I think this used to work in Jira. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events