Configuration of workflows

Florence M May 18, 2022

How do i configure workflows on issues that are already in use without messing up the boards, how do i add transitions and statuses that suit my team

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2022

Hi Florence, 

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Florence M May 20, 2022

company managed software

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Well, you can just add statuses and transitions without affecting current issues. 

Is there another concern you have? 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2022

You can not do this on the most part. 

If you change the workflow that a board is looking at, you will need to update the boards to take account of your changes.  They have no way of knowing which column you might want new status to go into, or that any removal of status means you want an empty column (you might be wanting to put another one in there, so it's not going to automatically delete a column)

Transitions won't affect your board config though.  The board will just stop letting people do transitions you remove, and start letting them do ones you add.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events