Configuration of On Demand Instance Backup

Aamer Inam: M-3521 August 27, 2014

Hello ,

We have started off using Jira Agile and it is just about to get live. Please guide me how to configure backup when instance is on demand basis. I have created one of the backup using System - Import Export - Backup Manager and it simply created one backup. I have read some of the documentation that says that this is XML based and may have chances of errors once restored. Look forward to your kind thought on it .

Thanks and Regards,

Aamer

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

Hi Aamer, we create backups regurarly in the ondemand platform as you can see here, but we only provide backups in the XML format to ondemand customers. You may also automatize the XML backup process, if you wish.

Cheers

Aamer Inam: M-3521 September 2, 2014

how do we do that ? is that what Atlassian will do or we can do it on our own.?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2014

Hi Aamer, the proceedure described here you can do yourself if you wish, it's just a bash script that you can execute in any linux based system.

Cheers

Suggest an answer