Conditions for moving a card on the board

Emerson December 13, 2022

Hi everyone!

Is there any way within JIRA to not allow cards to transition if they have a flag or if the min/max is full? Help me, please!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

Hi Emerson,

You should be able to place a Validator or Condition on the transition for the Flagged field. 

And while you can't directly do that with the min/max, you could do a work around where you create a custom number field and then increment it or decrease it whenever an issue is moved into or out of the status associated with the column. Then place a validator or condition on the transition based on the value in this custom field. 

Hi John,

I haven't found the Validator or Condition that fits, but I'll keep exploring. As for the min/max, would it be nice to have? Undoubtedly! But I can live without it.

Thanks a lot for helping me!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2022

What exactly are you trying to do? And won't one fit? Can you provide more details?

I want to block the transition on the board of a card if it has a flag. And it can only be moved if the flag is removed.

The Validator and Conditional options shows me some options, but I don't know if any of them matches.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

You should be able to add a Condition for Value field. Then choose Flagged and != null. It would look like this:

Screenshot.png

Like # people like this
Emerson December 14, 2022

Worked when I made "Flagged = null".

Thanks a lot, @John Funk! I couldn't do it without your help!

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2022

Great! Glad I could help.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2022

Hey @Emerson there is no out-of-the box way to do this as JIRA does not allow you to use column max constraint as a condition in transition conditions or in automation. 

Hey @Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk this is why I dislike JIRA sometimes hahahahaha.

Thanks for helping me!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events