Condition to mark Epic as done when all its stories are done

Suresh Bhandiwad July 13, 2021

Hi,

I am looking to set a condition in Epic workflow on 'done' transition to make sure all its associated stories are in "Done" Or "Cancelled" status in Jira Cloud.

As we don't have native condition available for linked issues nor we are using "JMWE for JIRA Cloud"in our Cloud instance, trying to set using "ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud'.

While looking at the examples here, I was not able to figure a way to retrive the stories associated to Epic in conditions so that we can allow Epic transition to "Done" status when its stories are either done or cancelled.

Can anyone help on this?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

You could use automation for this. Here is an post where I previously offered the solution -how-to-automatically-close-an-epic-based-on-linked-issue-status 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021
Suresh Bhandiwad July 14, 2021

Thank you @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ for the response.

We are using Cloud and don't have JMWE app. I just figured the community answer here for the above mentioned issue here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-prevent-from-closing-an-Epic-when-it-s-stories-tasks-are/qaq-p/1562697

Hope, this helps others too looking for similar solution.

Thanks,
Suresh

Suggest an answer