Component Lead field says "No Matches"

I'm trying to set up a Jira project and the Component Lead field won't find any users. When I click the drop down it says "No Matches". I've tried typing in my own name and other users in my company, but I get no luck. Assignable user is set to "any logged in user", so I don't think it's a permissions issue. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I found the answer. I couldn't pick a Component Lead because of a Setting in the Global Permissions. The Browse Users permission was set to 'jira-developers', a group I was not a part of. After I changed the Browse Users permission to 'Anyone', I was able to add Component Leads.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, what version Jira are you on?  I've heard of a bug in Jira Server 7.3.0 that impacts this.

I'm using the Cloud

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Apr 22, 2018 in Jira Software

How-to setup a secured Jira Software 7.9.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.4 in less than 30 minutes

...PermissionsStartOnly=true User=www-data Group=www-data ExecStart=/opt/jira/bin/startup.sh ExecStop=/opt/jira/bin/shutdown.sh TimeoutStartSec=120 TimeoutStopSec=600 PrivateTmp=true [Install] WantedBy...

1,510 views 10 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you