Completing a sprint

mark schnitzerling September 18, 2017

Hi

The issue that I have is that when I click complete sprint, I am not given an option to move incompleted issues to a sprint. It just says that all incomplete issues will be moved to the backlog. I don't want them moved to the backlog as there are over 100 incompleted issues. Does anybody know how to resolve or work around this?

Thanks

Mark

1. Navigate to the  Active sprints of your Scrum board.
  2. If necessary, select the sprint you want to complete from the sprint drop-down.
    Note that if you have multiple sprints in the Active sprints of your board, the 'Complete Sprint' button will not appear until you select one of the sprints.
  3. Click Complete Sprint. All completed issues will move out of Active sprints.
    1. If the sprint has incomplete issues, select from one of the following:
    2. Backlog, to move the issues to the backlog
    • Any future sprint, to move the issues to any future sprint that's already created
    • New sprint, to create a new sprint and then move the issues to the new sprint

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

I have run into this problem before myself.  In my case though, I only had this problem when I did not have any future planned sprints created yet to appear in that backlog at the time this sprint was being closed.   In that case, there was no where else for Jira to put these issues but back in the backlog.

But if you have at least 1 planned sprint that appears in that backlog (that has not started yet) at the time you close that sprint, Jira Software should prompt you to decide where to place those issues.

If that doesn't resolve this, please let me know what specific version of Jira Software you are using.  I don't think this feature was always an available in all versions of Jira Software.   You can find this information by going to Cog Icon -> Applications -> Versions & Licenses.  On that page you should have a specific version of Jira Software listed there.

Suggest an answer