Completed tasks of previous sprints turned zero

Richa Katiyar February 11, 2021

Recently I have created the workflow of the sprint which was previously set to "any status" for all stages. But after that all my completed tasks of previous sprints has turned zero. 

Please help me to resolve it as because of it all the reports had become a mess. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Richa Katiyar - in what sense have they "turned zero"?  You say the workflow was previously set to "any status" - I assume you mean all statuses have an all transisation?  A common problem with this approach is that moving things to a "Done" status sets a resolution value and moving back to an open status doesn't remove it, which can mess up reports... but I am guessing because there isn't enough information to understand your problem.

Also if that was previous setup... what is the current one, what has changed?

Richa Katiyar February 12, 2021

Current situation is , if I look back to velocity reports of previous sprints , it doesnt have green(Completed) bar and below I can see completed tasks of that sprint is zero. Not sure whether its because I created workflow or something else happened. Because earlier I was able to see velocity of all my previous sprints. 

Aiden Marriott
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

Hi @Richa Katiyar I think for the velocity and burndown charts Jira looks for the rightmost column (and status) in your scrum board to classify it as done (I'm not 100% sure that's right, but think so).  So if that status has changed it may have caused the issue.  If the estimation method has changed it could also effect things.

Like Richa Katiyar likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

@Aiden Marriottis right about the rightmost column - that's what Jira looks for to certify "done" in Scrum boards.

Like Richa Katiyar likes this
Richa Katiyar February 12, 2021

@Aiden Marriott thanks for your reply, you spotted it correct . One of my team member created a column after DONE , because of which all this happened . I moved it before DONE and everything is back in place. Thank you so much for your help !!

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
0 votes
Natalia Shishelova May 3, 2021

Hi Guys, I have similar issue but the solution above doesn't help. I changed workflow and all my previous sprints show 'zero completed' issues.

What is weird Sprints report displays issues with 'in progress' status, but when i click through each of them they all have 'Done' status and resolution 'Done'.

How can I get the stats in Sprints/Velocity reports back?

Аннотация 2021-05-03 202010.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events