Completed sprints not displaying in query results

Katrina Sizemore March 11, 2014

When I pull a query of user stories, the value under 'Sprint' is showing up as 'None' rather than naming the completed sprint name.

Is this a bug, or a setting that needs to be adjusted in the setup?

7 answers

0 votes
bmoffat September 9, 2014

We're running v6.2.  Does anyone know when the behavior was changed to be as Andy described on March 12?

0 votes
Patrick Finnegan September 9, 2014

JIRA v6.1.5

0 votes
bmoffat September 9, 2014

What version are you running.  It shows "None" for items in completed sprints for me.  Thanks.

0 votes
Patrick Finnegan September 9, 2014

Our exports are showing the correct Sprint value again for closed sprints, so I assume the issue was addressed.  Thanks!

0 votes
bmoffat September 8, 2014

This thread seems to have dead-ended. Is Atlassian planning on doing anything with regard to this problem?

Thanks,

Brian

0 votes
Patrick Finnegan April 1, 2014

Good morning Andy,

This seems to be a change with the latest patch that we deployed and has had a negative impact on our ability to report (via exports of JIRA data) on historical work. The query Katrina mentions includes the "Sprint" column in the results, but all closed Sprints return a value of "None" where they were populated with the correct Sprint number in previous runs of the same query. I understand this change was the decided on approach to address your concern where the issue appears in multiple sprints, but we need a way to pull the correct "Sprint" into the data export for our reporting purposes. I can still run the "Sprint Report" under ->Agile->Report, so I assume there is still a column or link in the DB to get this for an export.

Please help as this report is shared with our customers to communicate work that we are doing for them. If the above is not clear or you need additional details, maybe we can setup a time to chat.

Thanks,

patrick

0 votes
Andy Nguyen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2014

Hi Katrina,

The Sprint column in Issue Navigator will only display the sprint names of those sprints visible in Plan mode. In other words, only future or open (active) sprints are available while closed sprints are not. The purpose of this is to prevent the case in which an issue was completed in a sprint but then reopened and added to another sprint (the issue appears in multiple sprints).

In order to see the issues in closed sprints, you may want to use the following queries:

• Sprint in closedSprints() Or
  • Sprint in (<sprint_name>)

Cheers,

Andy

Katrina Sizemore March 17, 2014

I'm not having trouble seeing the logged issues, just with finding a way to have the Sprint value populated in the query results when running a search under the 'Issues' section of our site.

Suggest an answer