Complete Epics will not show on the roadmap

IRENE ORR June 14, 2021

My "Complete" Epics will not show up on the roadmap. In the view description it says" Any Epic marked as done" should show for a year. Can you please clarify?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2021

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Can you show us a screen image of the roadmap and of an Epic that is not present in it but you think should be?

IRENE ORR June 15, 2021

This is Team managed project.

Jira Roadmap 1.pngJira Roadmap 2.png

IRENE ORR June 15, 2021

Epics on the second screen were closed less than a year. Theoretically they should show up if you select "completed" filter.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2021

The documentation says that the Roadmap uses the Status Category Changed date when excluding Epics closed a year or more ago. It also looks at Due Date. Can you add those columns to your issue search output and confirm they are set to a date within the past year?

IRENE ORR June 15, 2021

Yes - they all are in the year range. See printscreenJira Roadmap 3.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 15, 2021

You said that none of your completed Epics are showing in the roadmap, but in the original image I see that IPD-237 is showing and it is Done.

Are you on a Standard or Premium subscription (Basic Roadmap or Advanced Roadmaps)? I am on a Standard subscription so have access only to Basic Roadmaps. If you are on Advanced Roadmaps, have you perhaps applied a filter or other Advanced setting that might be excluding those Epics?

IRENE ORR June 15, 2021

I just confirmed and we are on Standard. 

IPD-237 is showing as complete. That's why it's even more intriguing why the rest is not showing.

IRENE ORR June 28, 2021

@Trudy Claspill - any suggestions for me?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 28, 2021

@IRENE ORR 

Sorry, no, not at this time. I have not been able to recreate this problem in my own environment.

Suggest an answer