Compatible centos and Database for Jira 8.5.3?

Reaz Abdul January 13, 2020

Hello,

We would like to use Jira 8.5.3.

We found the supported platforms documentation but just says Linux / Solaris is supported. And also a database that supports PostgreSQL 9.6 but we have the latest version of Postgres is 12.1.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver085/supported-platforms-981154553.html

Please let us know the supported platforms like the CentOS version and database like Postgres.

Regards,
Reaz Abdul

4 answers

4 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Reaz Abdul , 

as Jira is a java application, basically any OS with java can run it. This is why Atlassian does not provide a full list of linux distribution or Microsoft OS that are compatible. 

For the database, you do need to get PostgresSQL 9.6, I guess CentOS ships the latest version 12, but you can uninstall it and instead get the 9.6 from Postgre directly : https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/YUM_Installation

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reaz Abdul January 14, 2020

Thanks to all for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Reaz Abdul

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2020

@Reaz Abdul  Welcome to the community!

Jira is java based application, so dependecy on OS is very minimal. So, if you have Java version listed you are good to go on any linux distribution/version.

• Oracle JRE / JDK: Java 8 and Java 11
  • OpenJDK: Java 8 and Java 11

On database front things are bit different currently Jira Server doesn't support Postgres version 12.1, so you have to install support version of Postgres database on your system for Jira 8.5.3, i.e.

• PostgreSQL 9.6
  • PostgreSQL 9.5
  • PostgreSQL 9.4

If you want to install latest version of Jira i.e. Jira 8.6, support version of Postgres version are different,

• PostgreSQL 10
  • PostgreSQL 9.6
  • PostgreSQL 9.5 (partially)
  • PostgreSQL 9.4 (partially)

I would suggest using Postgres 9.6.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

Hi @Reaz Abdul 

Apart from supported OS also look for the Java version. That is a bit more important. Check if you can install the suggested JDK on your OS. For database try to use the version on that page. Most likely your database version will work as well but if you face issues in future it will be difficult to resolve and support will also ask you to use the suggestion version of database that has been tested.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer