Company/Team Managed Board & Advanced Roadmap

wendt279 May 5, 2021

Hello! 

I have been using a company-managed board as an issue source to an advanced roadmap. We are at the point where we need to add greater workflow configurations, but when I try to add a team-managed board to the Plan ("advanced roadmap") it states that team managed projects are not supported. I'm wondering if this is an internal setting that needs to be changed or a limitation of Jira? Any thoughts on what I can do to fix? 

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hi @wendt279,

As @Trudy Claspill says, Advanced Roadmaps does not yet support Team Managed (formerly known as "Next-Gen" projects), however this is something we're looking at but it's not likely to be something available in the immediate future. See here for further details: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20012?focusedCommentId=2714863&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-2714863

Regards,

Dave 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

Hello @wendt279 

Welcome to the community.

As per the following page Advanced Roadmaps is not yet supported for Team Managed projects.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/features/roadmaps

0 votes
Elon Weiss December 5, 2022

I'd like to do the same as OP. Anyone have a workaround to show tickets from a TMP on my roadmap? In my case we have a TMP for our research team. I'd love to show the status, dependancies, and start/due date of some of their tickets on my roadmap. 

My initial thought is to create a ticket in my project that represents the research team's ticket; but I'm not totally sure how to keep the status of the two tickets in sync without a LOT of tedious manual work. I'm not afraid of triggers, but I've never tried to do a status change from a workflow trigger across projects; especially a TMP and CMP - sounds kinda complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

@Dave @wendt279 @Trudy Claspill 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hello @Elon Weiss 

This ticket already has an Accepted Answer, and is over a year old. Please start a new Question post for your question.

0 votes
wendt279 May 6, 2021

Thank you!

Suggest an answer