Combine epics from two projects into one roadmap

Ajay Shankar September 6, 2019

We have 2 projects, both with individual and slightly independent roadmaps, that are being released together to customers.

Is there a way of combining epics from both these projects into one roadmap, without actually affecting the individual roadmaps, so that there is a way to visualize when the 'package' will be available?

3 answers

1 vote
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @Ajay Shankar

Is this in Next Gen? Unfortunately, the Roadmap / Board in Next Gen is specific to each project - so you can't create a dual-view of two separate Next Gen projects.

Not quite the same thing - but one option would be to create a Classic Board with both Next Gen projects filtered onto it. You could then show Epics in swimlanes based on release dates - or perhaps quick filters to show when Epics will be released in different months?

Ste

0 votes
Bradley Davidson April 5, 2021

No solution to this yet?
I have ended up having a single Project to host all my epics and left my stories / tasks / subtasks in the projects separately from the epics.

This lets me see all the epics on the roadmap but then I lose the ability to create a story on the roadmap directly from the epic.  This isn't a major problem since I expect my product managers will create the stories on their own project without any issue.

0 votes
Sai Kishore April 28, 2020

Hi

Even I have the same requirement. 

We have two Project Plans being maintained between internal development team and separately with client. 

Same development team and client plans are maintained by single scrum master. 

I would be happy if there is some kind of distinction within in Epics if there is no way to create multiple road map for single project.

Happy to hear some valid inputs to achieve this hurdle from community!

Thanks

Sk

Suggest an answer