Columns in a project with wrong order for some users

patricio June 16, 2022

Hi Admins!

I have a Company Managed Business Project where I have arranged my Kanban columns as our workflow needs. While several members of the team and I see them correctly in the order I set them, there's others that see them in a random order, no matter how many times they refresh or log out from their accounts.

Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? The order is very relevant for our team to keep track of tasks, as it is somewhat complex.

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2022

Hi @patricio 

Individual users can drag columns to a different order if they want. It is not locked down like Jira Software boards. If the user drags the column back to the right order, it should stay that way for them. 

patricio June 20, 2022

It is for non-admin users, given it is a Company Managed project... They've tried moving the columns but they're completely fixed.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2022

Ah, thought it might be Jira Work Management. Have they tried using a different browser or clearing their cache? 

patricio June 20, 2022

Just did at your suggestion, but didn't work :( I've even tried entering myself (admin) to affected user accounts through the User Management portal and I see the board wrongly aligned even then... I already created a support ticket to Atlassian.

Thanks anyways!

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 16, 2022

Hi @patricio

You are a premium tier so I suggest you open a ticket with atlassian support as this is a very weird issue.

Good luck

patricio June 20, 2022

Thanks! Will do

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders