Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Columns and Statuses - Can't Save or Discard After Workflow Changes - Manage Workflow Disabled

For the last two hours, it can't update the workflow changes, but it won't discard them either:

image.png

I have zero tickets in the system as I am setting things up in the Team project.  When I made a change, it asked about where to move tickets (though there are no existing tickets).  Since then, it says it is taking a long time to update, but it does not after several refreshes.  If I hit Discard, I am not seeing any relief either.  I can go back and forth between the board, Project Settings, Columns and Statuses, Discard Changes, etc - nothing works to get back to an earlier good state.  Without being able to Discard Changes and/or select the disabled Manage Workflow, I am effectively stuck.

I have been approved to purchase, but this is still a free project version.  I have used paid versions of Jira at previous companies, but I have never run into an issue like this.

Thanks for any help on this!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @John Ragan 

Welcome to the community.

Can you tell us the actual steps you went through and the screens you used to make your updates?

I have a Free subscription to Jira, and I just created a new Team Managed Software project with the Scrum template. I went to Project Settings > Issue Types, and modified the workflow to add one new In-Progress type status. I got the pop-up that you show, but it quickly cleared and the Columns And Statuses page displayed for me.

You might want to consider creating a brand new project and walking through the steps again to see if you can recreate the issue.

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for the response!  I did do a Scrum template when I created the project, but I modified the workflow solely through the Columns and Statuses workflow "button", and then edited it from scratch there.  I then had to come back and remove a status between the linear flow.  It then asked about how I wanted to remap issues that had that status, even though there were no tickets created yet.  After that, it got stuck for hours, stating I had an unmapped status (that I had actually mapped).

I wanted to avoid redoing the project because I had already heavily customized the Issue types with a bunch of special fields.

However, coming back this morning, whatever was blocking it seems to have resolved, and I am back to a working project without any extra effort on my part!

Once again, thanks for being willing to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

4,963 views 18 31
Read article

Atlassian Community Events