Cloud Backup, restored on local server - cannot login

Veerle Deschepper August 17, 2017

Latest versions for both. (licence for server, trail for cloud)

I backed up my cloud installation (server version) and have imported this one into my freshly installed Jira application running on mysql. Now I'm unable to login to it! neither with the account info I use for the Cloud, nor with the account created during the setup.

Didn't have any errors - when I check the database I can see my issues so I think this worked. I haven't configured mail yet. :(

thoughts?

1 answer

0 votes

so with this article I was able to reset the system admin account password to the word "sphere" https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html#RetrievingtheJIRAAdministrator-2.Setthepassworddirectlyinthedatabase and then I could log in.

But.

bug 1: All user accounts had no pswds set in the database after import. They had an external id from a sort of sso system - that didnt work anymore

bug 2: I changed the username of one of the users, and now when I log in with this user I cannot see any issues. All issues were assigned to this user.  looking in the database reveals why: there bound to the username. seriously? bit dissappointed! I didnt change it in the database but used the admin pages under the system user.

ok maybe not a bug the second one, I needed to rebuild the index manually. (I use ES myself so I'm familiar with it)

I don't really understand what went wrong with the import aka if this was a fluke or is just wonky. atm I just glad it works :)

Suggest an answer