Closing a sprint on one board closed it on another

julie loucks March 5, 2014

I'm trying to understand why this happened, so that we can prevent it in the future. I have two boards. One shows all issues for Project A, B and C. The other shows issues from Project X. They are related projects, so issues get moved between them. The currently active sprint for both boards was named the same. I completed the sprint for the Project A/B/C board. Later, I saw that the active sprint on Project X was also closed (at precisely the same time). Why would this happen and how can I prevent it in the future? Thanks for any suggestions.

2 answers

0 votes
Dobroslawa Wierzbicka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Late to the party, but in case someone has a similar question in the future, I've put together this article: Changing a Sprint in one board affects a Sprint in another

In this particular case, it sounds like an issue from A, B or C project was moved to Project X, and as it was already associated with a Sprint, that Sprint was then displayed in the Project X board. As it was the same entity, closing it in one board was reflected in the other as well.

For future reference, I'd recommend using a naming convention that would clearly distinguish Sprints created in different boards.

0 votes
julie loucks March 11, 2014

Turns out that the sprints had the same Sprint ID number, so not I'm trying to figure out *how* that happened. My understanding is that Sprint IDs should be unique. Is there any circumstance where it's expected that two sprints on different boards have the same ID?

Suggest an answer