Closed issues are moving to next sprint

Tal Weksler June 18, 2017

Hi,

We're facing an issue where tasks or bugs marked as closed are automatically move to the next sprint when I close and open a sprint.

It seems to happen in regular tasks and in sub-tasks as well. To make things clear, the sub-tasks are closed and their resoultion is "done" along with the parent task. When I close the sprint they move along other "in progress" tasks to the next sprint. 

What make us more puzzled, is that although the status ("close") was created by us, we did set the resoultion to "done".

Would really appriciate any help here.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2017

I suspect your issues were not in the right-hand column of the board when you closed the sprint.

Issues that are not in the right-hand column are not considered "done" by the board, so they will go to the next sprint or into backlog when the sprint is coled.

Tal Weksler June 18, 2017

It seems that you are right.

However, I'm not sure why. What really happens behind the scene when I predss the "Move to Done"?

We mainly do everything using the API using our CI so I'm not sure how to move them to the right hand of the board automatically - we change the status and resolution using the API.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2017

A column is a collection of one or more status, so your CI simply needs to push the issues into a status that is in the column.

Like Guillermo Marqueta likes this

Suggest an answer