Closed Stories remain in backlog

Nicole Blank October 13, 2011

When I view the backlog (unscheduled stories/bugs) closed issues are still visible. How do I get these to disappear from the backlog?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

If you are looking at the planning board, there is a button "Hide Done Issues". It should hide your resolved and closed issues.

Awesome, that did it. Who actually wanted the "let me view closed stuff in my backlog" feature? That feature request should have been turned down.

Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2011

Agreed. Or at least it should be the other way around - show open issues by default and click a button if someone really wants to view the closed ones.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2011

What you see in the backlog is just a filter that looks only at the fixVersion. It doesn't care about the resolution. You can create a new filter with no fixVersion and showing only unresolved stories but that can put only at dashboard and not on the browse Project area.

Ideally, all the closed issues should have a fixVersion ;)

Thanks for your quick response. The problem is that Bugs will be opened which are not reproducable, and they need to be closed. They are not assigned to a fix version because they are not going to be fixed in any version.

I can assign them ad hoc to a fix for fun, but it won't really help us understand our sprint by sprint accomplishments.

Suggest an answer