Close the sprint without follow the closed tickets

Stéphane November 16, 2020

Hello,

When I close a sprint, I would like to move the tickets not closed in the next sprint.

It work. But the problem is the tickets closed (test ok, "in prod"...) are too moved in the next sprint.

I don't see in my board (todo, in progress, finish).. but they are in the sprint.

The probleme is now when I close a sprint it tell me :'move 700tickets"...
and when I search a ticket in the sprint, I have all old ticket in my research.

How can I inform Jira, I don't the closed ticket in my sprint ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

An issue is only considered to be "done" if it is in the last column of the board.

My guess is that your "test ok", "in prod" etc issues are not in the last column when you close the sprint, so they are not complete and need more attention.

Stéphane November 19, 2020

Hello Nic.

Thank you for your answer.

I find the problem.

The last column was "test ok" so no problem.

"in prod" was not mapping, because it's the board of dev and the last step is "test ok". In prod" is for the board "deploiement".

The problem was in the filter of the board. I display all the steps. I removed in the filtre after "test ok". Jira detects so "test ok" is really the last step in the board and so sprint and close the sprint without the finished tickets.

Bote: Just strange point. Why after I closed a sprint, Jira keeped in the sprint the finish ticket but not on the board.
For example: After close the sprint, the column "test ok" was always empty.

But when a search with a filter, display current sprint, I had the list of all tickets (last and new). I don't know. It's not very important because now all works.

Than you again Nic

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events