Close issues with not just done status on sprint completion

Sidharth Nayyar October 12, 2017

Hi,

Just wondering if there's a way on sprint completion to mark tickets that aren't only at Done to be closed with the sprint.

The reason being at the end of the Sprint we would like some of the tickets that aren't completed to be not moved to the next sprint as we have a manual process, based on release notes, to complete these later on.

I could move them to Done and that would get closed off at the Sprint completion but I would like to use the Release notes functionality to still highlight that these tickets are still requiring some sort of work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Sidharth

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

There's no way Jira can know about your "manual process" unless you design it into your workflow somehow.

Sidharth Nayyar October 12, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thanks for that. Sorry I should've been clearer. Suppose I have stages: New, Stage1, Stage2, Stage3, Done. Currently when I close a sprint everything in New, Stage1-3 is moved to the next sprint and Done is closed off. What if I want to move only New, State1 and Stage2 to the next sprint and Stage3 and Done to be closed off. Is that possible? Would I be able to do it from the workflow? I can't seem to find a way through workflow to say Stage3 should be treated similar to Done.

I hope that is slightly clearer but let me know if it isn't and I'll try to explain further.

Kind regards

Sidharth

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2017

Go to the board config and put stage three in the far right-hand column.  It will then be treated as "done".

Sidharth Nayyar October 13, 2017

Ah I see. Thank you, I'll try it out!

Kind regards

Sidharth

Suggest an answer