Close Issue in Backlog (JIRA Agile Plan mode Scrum Board)

Florian Kersten June 1, 2014

We often close issues out of the backlog on a Scrum Board without putting them into a sprint.

The way to close an issue there is clicking on "Actions" --> "More Actions" and then typing "close issue".

Isn't there a faster way to close issues? It would be nice if this action appears in the standard menu below "Assign".

2 answers

0 votes
Dol Momphotez March 5, 2018

Hi,

thanks for the step by step, for me, was helpful.

I was just wondering if closing an issue in the backlog without having it associated with a sprint will affect my velocity or not?, I'm guessing that at the end I just lost those points.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2014

Florian,

1. Click on the issue
  2. Hit "." button in the window appears
  3. if you start typin "cl.." you can select and close
Nahid Sidiqi May 1, 2017

Hi,

I followed those steps you mentioned and had some trouble finding the "close" option.  I am using Jira Scrum and I am having trouble closing an issue.  When I hit "." and type "cl.." the only option that comes up is "clone."

Please let me know if you have any resolutions to closing out an issue.

Srikumar Samal July 24, 2017

The task item should be marked as in progress inorder to follow the above steps. Else you will get clone option only.

Suggest an answer