Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Cloned issue linking to orginal

Hi,

When I clone an issue, the newly created cloned issue gets automatically linked to the original issue.

Is it possible to disable this?

I tried deactivating the issue linking in permissions but this did not work, 

Thank you 

3 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey Community Leader Feb 10, 2020

while you can certainly remove a link you cannot prevent the link from being added at time of cloning. You might be able to use some scripting/automation addon to remove it but some care would be needed to not remove links where desired.

Just remove the link type "Cloners" from the issue linking configuration and no links will be set when cloning while keeping issue link functionality intact.

Hi @David O_Neill ,

Welcome to Community

You will be able to turn off issue link feature globally and it effects other issue links like relates, blocks etc.

Secondly you can use automation for Jira app to trigger the automation rule, which will delete the issue link. Please find below sample automation rule for your reference.

aUTO.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_

I attempted to use this rule to prevent the creation of issue linking when cloning epics, however it is still creating the links in the cloned issue,

How do I stop this from happening?

Like David O_Neill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events