Clone team managed (next gen) project / create a template

Diego De Carlo June 1, 2021

Hi everybody.

I need to be able to create team managed projects (not classic company managed where we need the intervention of an admin) but configuring every single one from scratch is a deal breaker. The idea is to have a template project and clone it with all its settings, custom fields, etc.

Another alternative is to have a template that creates the project with such settings.

I know deep clone works for that, but it doesn't support team managed projects.

Any idea?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark Hostetler November 24, 2021

This would be nice to have

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Hi Diego - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is probably not what you want to hear, but Team-managed projects are completely independent by design. There is no cloning or templates - every project is unique and must be configured uniquely. 

If you need a template based approach that is simple to use, I would suggest creating a Jira Work Management (Jira Core or Business) project. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2021

Hi @Diego De Carlo  - Any update for this? 

Like Cleyton Ribeiro likes this
Jira Administrator March 2, 2022

Any update, this was at one time "in the works" but has now disappeared from any plans from Jira.  Understand they are independent - that has nothing to do with this request. 

Like Cleyton Ribeiro likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events