Clone not cloning other fields

Munir Patel May 24, 2021

Hi

I am cloning an EPIC from JiraSDM to Jira Software. Summary and EPIC Name is cloned but other fields remain null. Automation is below.

image.png

1 answer

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Hi Munir,

You need to make sure that the fields are available for the new project and that they are on the Create screen used by the new project.

What type of project is this? If Company-based or JWM/Business projects, then you need to go to Settings > Issues > Custom fields and check the context for each of the fields.

It if it is Team-managed project, then you need to create the same fields in the second project that you have in the first project with the exact same names.

Munir Patel May 24, 2021

Hi John, thank you for the quick response.

The project is company based.

Screen Scheme and field configurations used are common for both projects. 

Fields that should be cloned [example is Priority which is not a custom field]

While I see priority in the JSDM project but it shows different in JiraSoftware project.

Priority JSDM shows "High"

Priority JS show "Medium"

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

What other fields are not getting copied? 

Munir Patel May 24, 2021

only Summary and Epic Name are being copied. All other fields like priority, description are not copied.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

I would submit a support request to Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events