Client access to view projects, releases and sprints

Raveen Panesar February 9, 2018

Hello,

I'm new to Jira and Confluence and I was just wondering whether you're able to help me with a couple of questions:

• My current project is set up as a kanban board, but I want to create sprints. Is this possible with the way it's been set up?
  • How do I invite clients to their own projects but not other clients? Also how can I invite them to their own confluence space?

I'm a relative novice so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Raveen

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Hi @Raveen Panesar

You can have in the same project multiple boards. Depending on your version ( 7.4+ ) you can use the Kanplan board that allows you the have kanban boards with backlog and sprints. You can read more about it at https://www.atlassian.com/agile/kanban/kanplan

To invite customers you have to create an account for them and configure the roles and permissions of the project. You can start reading about it here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-permissions-made-simple-717062767.html

regards 

Pedro Felgueiras 

Raveen Panesar February 9, 2018

Hi Pedro,

Oh brilliant thank you!

Thanks,

Raveen

Tina Scott March 8, 2018

Pedro- When you state you must create an account for the client, does this mean you must use one of your licenses for the client? So if I am working on 5 projects for 5 different clients, I must use 5 of my licenses if I want them all to have access to view and collaborate?

I am currently utilizing Jira Cloud, and we are looking into adding on Confluence.  We (my organization) is looking to be able to manage our clients projects, and for them to be able to view our progress on their project, and collaborate with comments, suggestions, document sharing, etc.

I am also novice to Jira and Confluence like Raveen!

Thank you, 

Tina

Pedro Felgueiras
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

Yes, the client should use one license. 

Influential Eliot December 7, 2023

Why is there not a 'guest' account mode (view / request only) that can see things, like in the service desk portion?

Why can't the Service Desk 'Customer' accounts be used in this manner?

Suggest an answer