Clicking on a custom field value as comment, should enable text box to enter comments.

rbalamu2 May 16, 2022

Hi Team, 
Hope to get a valuable answer.

I have a custom field with 4 values (Yes,No,N/A and Comment)
Clicking on the custom field values as "Comment", It should populate me a text box where I can fill in my comments for that particular field. 
I tried with "Global Automation" but couldn't find the right solution. 

Kindly someone help!

Thanks,

Rahini

3 answers

2 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2022

Hi, @rbalamu2 ! As an alternative, you can try Business Process Manager add-on developed by my team. 

You can use Form Builder to create your custom Form. To make it truly dynamic, use Form Logic.

So you need to choose Dropdown or Multi choice from the Form elements. After that right down your options: Yes,No,N/A and Comment and use Conditional logic.image.png

Add a rule to your tasks.

When "dropdown" is "comment" Then show the following fields "Text Field"

image.png

The data from comments saves in Jira.

If you need to learn more about Form logic, check this.

So, hope it helps you!

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hi @rbalamu2  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If the comments are static, you can use automation to populate the text field with pre-determined text. But you can't do that dynamically.

ScriptRunner Behaviours functionality for this is not available in Jira Cloud. 

rbalamu2 May 16, 2022

Thanks for clarifying @John Funk 

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jira fields are independent of each other, there's no function for having other fields connected to any of them.

rbalamu2 May 16, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,
I have used script runner - Behaviours in data center model. Where clicking a value on one custom field will let us populate new custom field. 
Since we don't have script runner in cloud. I just wanted to know if there is any alternative option.. Can someone have a quick call with me from community and hear my requirement? and give me possible best solution?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2022

Cloud does not yet support the ability to write Behaviours for Cloud, so you can't do it at the moment.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events